Vickys Christmas Brownies, GF DF EF SF NF.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Brownies, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 140 g of plain / gluten-free flour.
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- You need 250 g of light brown sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of mixed spice / pumpkin pie spice.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of bicarb / baking soda.
- You need 120 ml of applesauce.
- Prepare 100 ml of light coconut milk.
- It’s 60 ml of oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 90 g of free-from chocolate chips such as Plamil / Enjoy Life brand.
- It’s 3 tbsp of mincemeat (see my previously posted recipe).
Vickys Christmas Brownies, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350F and line an 8 x 8 inch square tin with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, xanthan gum, brown sugar, cocoa powder, spices, baking powder and bicarb together in a large bowl.
- Stir in the applesauce, coconut milk, oil and vanilla to form a thick batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mincemeat.
- Spoon the batter into the tin and spread out. Bake for 35 – 45 minutes or until firm to the touch and pulling away from the sides of the tin. Don't overbake as they'll go stale quicker.
- Remove from the tin and leave to cool completely on a wire rack before cutting into 16 squares.
- Dust with some icing sugar or ice with a thin glaze.
- Or cut into triangles, pipe on green icing and add some sprinkles you've got little Christmas trees.