Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops). Smothered Pork Chops are a classic American dish that is easy to make and full of delicious flavor. Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect Thick cut pork chops are covered in a perfect, savory gravy with onions and mushrooms. If your idea of a pork chop is a thin, dry, little piece of.
Ingredients of Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops)
- It’s pack of Chicken thighs or boneless pork chops family size.
- You need 1/2 – 1 tbsp of seasoning.
- It’s To taste of Garlic powder.
- Prepare To taste of Black pepper.
- Prepare To taste of Cayenne.
- Prepare To taste of Tony’s or other creole seasoning.
- Prepare 1/2-1 of bell pepper (depending on size).
- It’s 1/2 of onion.
- You need of Minced Garlic.
- Prepare 2-3 of stalk’s celery.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour.
- It’s As needed of Olive oil or vegetable oil (enough to coat the bottom of the pan).
- You need Approx 1 cup of water.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Kitchen bouquet.
Pork chops come from the loin of the pig, which can be roasted whole or cut into. This recipe can be made using pork chops with a bone or boneless, whichever you prefer. Either way, it's easy to make in the oven or a Crock Pot. Smothered Chops / Oven or Crock Pot.
Smothered chicken or pork chops (shown with pork chops) step by step
- Make a a Glass of wine or drink of choice because why not!.
- Season your meat WELL and set to the side.
- Chop onions, bell pepper, celery and combine with minced garlic (fresh or jar).
- Fry seasoned meat in oil in large skillet until browned on both sides then remove from pan and set aside.
- Using the drippings in the pan sauté the vegetables and add a little water to keep them moist (anything stuck to the pan will come up in this step).
- Once sauted and soft, add remainder of water and then stir in 1 tbsp of flour and mix until slightly thick and then add kitchen bouquet and mix until desired color.
- Add meat back into mixture and cover continue to cook on low heat until meat is tender. (Note you can also transfer to dutch oven or pan and bake which I think is easiest).
- Add more seasoning to taste if needed and voila!.
- Serve over white rice and enjoy with a side vegetable like green beans!.
After you bring your pork chops home, time to brine! Brining pork chops is one of the best ways way to guarantee a juicy cooked pork chop. Transfer the pork chops to a plate and pour any pan juices over the top (or reserve for making a pan sauce or gravy). Feast your eyes on the most amazing comfort food of all time- smothered pork chops! I love to serve this with mashed potatoes- either on the side or on top of t.