Caramel Apples. Caramel apples or toffee apples are whole apples covered in a layer of caramel. They are created by dipping or rolling apples-on-a-stick in hot caramel, sometimes then rolling them in nuts or other small savories or confections, and allowing them to cool. Caramel-Apple Pie Crust Cookies – pinwheel cookies made with a cream cheese pie crust, filled with diced apple on top of a cinnamon/sugar mixture and drizzled with a caramel sauce.
Ingredients of Caramel Apples
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted butter ( 1 stick ) cut into pieces.
- It’s 2 cup of packed light brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 cup of light corn syrup.
- You need 1 dash of 1/8 teaspoon salt.
- It’s 1 can of 14 ounce size of sweetened condensed milk.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 6 of to 8 medium size tart apples, or your favorite but the contrast between a tart apple and the sweet caramel is amazing!.
- You need 6 of to 8 popsicle sticks.
This is a foolproof recipe thats nearly impossible to mess up and it makes perfectly tempting and. Caramel apples make a wonderful treat for Halloween. You can find them in grocery stores during the Fall, but why buy them when you can make your own? Two ingredients: a green apple Jolly Rancher and a caramel candy.
Caramel Apples instructions
- Line a baking sheet with foil, lightly butter foil so caramel will not stick to it.
- In a large heavy saucepan melt butter, add brown sugar,corn syrup and salt.Stir until mixture comes to a boil, add condensed milk and cook stirring often until mixture reaches 248 ( firm ball stage ) on a candy thermometer, this can take from 20 to 30 minutes. . Remove from heat and stir in vanilla..
- Let caramel cool some before coating apples or else the caramel will pool to much at the bottom.of the spple. Allow 5 to 10 minutrs, stirring the caramel often…
- To coat apples, insert a popsicle stick into the top of each apple, dip apple into hot caramel, holding popsicle stick and turn apple and tilt pan to coat entire apple, holding popsicle stick hold apple up and turn to keep caramel smooth and allow it to cool a bit before placing on buttered foil. Repeat with all apples. Chill until cold before eating..
- Tips, if you like the apples can be dipped in chopped nuts or coconut while the caramel is still warm… If by chance you have alot of caramel pooling around apple from dipping in to hot caramel, you can mold it up around apple when cool enough to touch..
Caramel and apple may have been upstaged by pumpkin of late when it comes to fall flavors, but these two are still about as classic fall as it gets. Caramel apples are one of those things that are as much fun to make as they are to eat! I made this batch with my goddaughter Piper with apples she had picked at a nearby orchard. Here's how to make the best caramel apples, perfect for the Halloween season. Candy apples are a fall favorite for kids and adults alike, and for good reason: They're sticky, sweet, and crunchy—the.