Granola. RDs explain which granolas are actually healthy and low in sugar, so you can feel good about your granola breakfast or snack. Follow this recipe to learn how to make easy and healthy homemade granola. If you love granola, you need to try this easy recipe, much healthier than store.
Ingredients of Granola
- Prepare of "dry ingredients".
- You need 7 cups of old fashioned oats.
- You need 1 cup of wheat bran.
- You need 1 cup of flax meal.
- You need of "flavorings".
- You need 1/4 cup of canola, coconut or olive oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of brown or raw sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of honey or agave.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 2 teaspoons of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of vanilla, maple or almond extract.
- You need 2 teaspoons of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare of "nuts, seeds & fruits".
- You need 1 cup of broken walnuts.
- You need 1 cup of broken pecans.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw pumpkin seeds.
- You need 1/2 cup of raw sunflower seeds.
- You need 1 cup of chopped dates.
- It’s 1 cup of raisins or dried cranberries.
Granola is a breakfast food and snack food consisting of rolled oats, nuts, honey or other Granola is often eaten in combination with yogurt, honey, fresh fruit , milk or other forms of cereal. Granula was named after the granules of Graham flour, the main ingredient. Homemade granola couldn't be easier with Alton Brown's recipe from Good Eats on Food Network. Maple syrup sweetens this healthy melange of oats and nuts.
- Preheat oven to 275° F or 135° C.
- Mix oats, bran & flax in a large roasting pan..
- Whisk the "flavorings" together and then drizzle over the oat mixture. Stir until evenly moist..
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours — stirring every 15 minutes..
- After the third stirring, add the "nuts, seeds & fruits"..
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes..
- Allow to cool completely. Store in an airtight container..
- NOTE: I have experimented with the balance and quantities of the fats and sugars. As I reduced the fat, the texture went from crunchy to chewy. I did not have success with less than 1/4 cup of fat. I have also sometimes replaced the more processed sugars with unsweetened frozen juice concentrate..
- Serving size – 1/4 cup.
Also, granola status has nothing to do with sexual preference. Someone who is "granola" tends to enjoy the outdoors, all while staying inside in their nice suburban middle-class white neighborhood. Naked Granola – Delicious, healthy bagged granola and granola cookies with organic oats. A low fat, non-GMO snack that's high in fiber & made with Love!