Substantial Macaroni Au Gratin with Spinach.
Ingredients of Substantial Macaroni Au Gratin with Spinach
- Prepare 50 grams of Macaroni.
- It’s 200 grams of Chicken thigh meat.
- Prepare 200 grams of Spinach.
- Prepare 100 grams of Onion.
- It’s 100 ml of Tinned corn.
- Prepare 450 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Flour.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Butter (or margarine).
- You need 2 of Consome.
- You need 1 of Pepper.
- Prepare 1 of Pizza cheese.
Substantial Macaroni Au Gratin with Spinach step by step
- Hard-boil the spinach in boiling water for about 30 seconds, rinse in running water, then squeeze out the excess water. Chop into about 3cm pieces. Make sure to squeeze and drain well..
- Chop the chicken into bite-sized pieces, and slice the onion into thin wedges. Cook the macaroni..
- Heat some butter in a frying pan and sautee the onion and chicken for about 3 minutes. Turn the heat off temporarily and add flour..
- Stir while the heat is turned off until it's not floury. (About 30 seconds).
- Add milk and mix together. Make sure the heat is still off..
- Turn the heat back on and mix with a spatula over medium heat. When thick, add consome and mix thoroughly. Turn the heat off..
- Finally, add the cooked spinach, corn, and macaroni. Mix together and transfer onto a gratin dish..
- Top with pizza cheese and bake in 250℃ oven until golden brown to finish. (About 15 minutes).