Extremely Simple & Really Delicious Kabocha Pudding.
Ingredients of Extremely Simple & Really Delicious Kabocha Pudding
- It’s of Pudding mixture.
- Prepare 200 grams of [A]Kabocha Squash.
- You need 200 ml of A) Milk.
- It’s 50 grams of A) Sugar.
- It’s 2 of A) Eggs (Whole egg).
- Prepare 1 of B) Egg Yolk.
- It’s 100 ml of B) Heavy Cream.
- You need of Caramel.
- It’s 50 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
Extremely Simple & Really Delicious Kabocha Pudding instructions
- Make the caramel first. Place the sugar and water into a small white container, and caramelize in the microwave while keeping an eye on it. Keep close watch over it after the 2.5 minute mark..
- Pour the finished caramel into a pudding mold while it is still hot (18cm round mold), and the prep work is done. There is no need to spread it out equally..
- Remove the flesh from the kabocha, slice of its thick skin, cut into 2cm cubes, wrap in plastic wrap, and microwave until soft (about 5 minutes)..
- Add the kabocha from Step 3, along with the milk, sugar, and [A] into a food processor, and blend until smooth (2-3 minutes). The sugar will dissolve easily from the heat of the kabocha..
- Once it has become a smooth cream, add cream, eggs, [B], and pulse in 10 second intervals 3 times. Now the pudding mixture is done..
- Pour the mixture directly from the food processor, using a strainer, into the pan with the caramel from Step 2. This reduces washing..
- Preheat an oven to 340°F/170°C, and bake submerged in a pan of hot water for 40-50 minutes. It is done once you poke it with a toothpick and it comes out clean..
- Let it cool, chill in the fridge, flip it onto a large dish, and it is done. There will be a lot of caramel left on the bottom, so spoon over the pudding as much of it as you can..