Easy Rolled Halloween Pumpkins.
Ingredients of Easy Rolled Halloween Pumpkins
- It’s 300 grams of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 30 grams of White sugar.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- It’s 35 grams of Unsalted butter.
- You need 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 1 of Cinnamon.
- You need 1 of Heavy cream or milk.
Easy Rolled Halloween Pumpkins instructions
- Remove the kabocha seeds and stem. Cut into 3 cm pieces. Place them on a heatproof dish and cover with plastic wrap. Microwave at 500w for 4-5 minutes..
- Peel the skin while the kabocha is still hot, set aside for decoration, and mash. Try to peel the skin in wide strips. Also, be careful not to burn yourself..
- While the mashed kabocha is warm, add butter and mix. Add salt and sugar..
- Once it has combined well, add an egg yolk. And cinnamon powder to taste..
- Adjust the firmness with heavy cream. Pour the cream little by little until just soft enough to shape with your hands..
- Divide into 6 portions and place on plastic wrap. Using the plastic wrap, squeeze the kabocha into a ball. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 360°F/180°C..
- Spread baking paper on a tray. Take the kabocha portions out of the plastic wrap, coat your hands with strong flour, and pat them round once again before arranging them on the tray..
- Using a bamboo skewer, draw lines along the sides of the pumpkins. When you bake them, the portions will expand, so cut the lines quite deep. Also, it will be less hassle if you wet the bamboo stick with water..
- Wrap your finger with plastic wrap and press down gently on the tops of the pumpkins..
- Brush egg whites on the pumpkins. Bake in an oven preheated to 360°F/180°C for 10 -15 minutes until lightly golden brown..
- Cut the kabocha skin into pieces resembling stems. Stick them into the tops of the kabocha cakes..