salmon and asparagus deliciousness x). Do you have those days where you don't mind cooking but more than anything you just don't want to clean up the mess? I have them all the time, dishes are. Great big, delicious thank you to the Salmon Council for sponsoring this recipe.
Ingredients of salmon and asparagus deliciousness x)
- It’s 4 medium of pieces of salmon.
- You need 2 bunch of asparagus.
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 3/4 tsp of kosher salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of tarragon (optional).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (minced or chopped twice).
- You need 1/2 of lemon (juiced).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sweet & spicy honey mustard (judge amount by taste).
Drizzle each serving with juice from lemon. Sprinkle with fresh ground black pepper and seasoning blend to taste. Bring up the sides of foil and fold top over twice. Fold up ends of foil leaving room for air to.
salmon and asparagus deliciousness x) step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- mix 1 Tbs oil, 3/4 tsp salt, & 1/2 tsp pepper in large bowl.
- toss asparagus in the oil mixture.
- lay out the asparagus on half of a baking sheet & bake for 5-10 mins (they shouldn't be soft yet because they will be going back into the oven).
- take the baking sheet out of the oven and coat the half of the baking sheet the wasn't used with the remaining oil.
- place the salmon pieces on the oiled baking sheet and sprinkle with the remaining salt, pepper, and the tarragon (sprinkle a little oil on if desired).
- bake the salmon and asparagus for 10 mins.
- combine maple syrup, garlic, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl.
- remove baking sheet from the oven and generously brush the maple syrup mixture on the salmon.
- return baking sheet to the over for another 5 mins and then BAM! tasty dinner for four or for two if you feel like saving some (:.
- I also made a side of mashed potatoes and put a thinly sliced lemon circle on top of the salmon for presentation, but I was just feeling fancy haha enjoy!!.
The salmon, asparagus and garlic get caramelized in the flavorful browned butter then the lemon takes this dish to the next level. I cooked the salmon and asparagus in one pan because they cook at the same rate and I wanted all the flavors of the garlic-lemon and butter to mix throughout the entire. Salmon is one of my favorite proteins to make for dinner. It's healthy, easy, fast, and tastes fantastic! And it's super tender and juicy.