Kabocha Squash Cake (Halloween version).
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Cake (Halloween version)
- It’s 300 grams of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 200 ml of Soy milk (or milk).
- It’s 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 30 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Pancake mix.
Kabocha Squash Cake (Halloween version) step by step
- Line a cake pan with parchement paper. Preheat the oven to 170℃/340℉. Chop the kabocha squash into pieces, and peel the skin thinly. If using the skin for decoration, set it aside..
- Pour soy milk (or milk) into a pot, add the kabocha squash, and simmer at low heat. When the kabocha squash is soft enough, mash with a spoon or a fork. Stir until it becomes a thick paste, and simmer some more. Total cooking time is about 15 minutes..
- Add the egg and sugar in a bowl, and whip with a whisk for 1~2 minutes until it becomes evenly white..
- Pour vegetable oil, and continue whipping. When everything is blended, add the kabocha squash paste, then mix well with a whisk..
- Add the pancake mix, and continue mixing..
- Pour the batter into a pan ,and If you have the skin for decoration, put it on top. Bake in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until lightly browned..
- You can use aluminium cups to make smaller cakes..
- If you are making the kabocha squash paste in a microwave, put the kabocha squash and soy milk in a microwave-safe deep bowl, and microwave for about 10 minutes. Mash the mixture halfway through, then continue cooking to evaporate the extra water until it becomes a paste..