Okara (Soy Pulp) and Kabocha Squash Scones.
Ingredients of Okara (Soy Pulp) and Kabocha Squash Scones
- It’s 75 grams of ☆ Fresh okara.
- Prepare 75 grams of ☆ Mashed kabocha.
- It’s 150 grams of ☆ Instant pancake mix.
- It’s 30 grams of ☆ Margarine, or other shortening of your choice.
- Prepare 1 of Your choice of dry fruits, nuts, chocolate chips, etc..
Okara (Soy Pulp) and Kabocha Squash Scones instructions
- Combine the ingredients marked with a ☆. For easy clean-up, put into a plastic bag and knead together. Add spices as well..
- Once the ingredients are blended, add dry fruits and nuts to taste..
- The dough is very easy to handle. If it appears sticky, add more pancake mix, and if it is too dry, add soy milk or water – add a little at a time until just right..
- Once the dough is ready, dust flour on your work surface, roll out the dough, fold it, then repeat. To save time, you can omit this step..
- Cut into shapes using cookie cutters. The dough thickness at this point will determine the thickness after baking, since it will not rise much. I made them 2 cm thick, and 4.5 cm in diameter..
- At the thickness shown in the photos, baking time is 20 minutes at 340F/170C. Adjust the temperature and baking time to suit your oven and scone dimensions..
- These are just out of the oven..