Kabocha Pie – An Easy Halloween Snack.
Ingredients of Kabocha Pie – An Easy Halloween Snack
- Prepare 2 of sheets Frozen puff pastry.
- You need 100 grams of Kabocha squash.
- You need 1 tbsp of Light brown sugar (can substitute regular sugar).
- You need 10 grams of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Egg yolk.
Kabocha Pie – An Easy Halloween Snack step by step
- Remove the seeds, skin, and insides of the kabocha and cut it into bite-size pieces. You can cut the thick skin safely if you cut the kabocha as shown in the picture..
- Arrange the kabocha pieces on a microwave-safe plate and cover with plastic wrap, then microwave for about five minutes at 600 watts..
- While the kabocha is still hot, add the butter and sugar and mix it all together as the butter melts, creating a paste..
- Take the two sheets of puff pastry out of the freezer and let thaw for 5-10 minutes, then cut each one into four parts..
- Preheat the oven to 410F/210C..
- Take two of the quartered puff pastry, and use a knife to make five slits in the middle..
- Pierce the remaining two sheets with a fork in several places. * Omit, if the puff pastry comes with holes poked in it..
- Prepare the other sheet of puff pastry in the same way. * You should have four rectangles with slits in them and four with holes in them for a total of eight..
- Leaving 7-8 mm of space on each edge, spoon a portion of the kabocha filling in the middle of each rectangle of puff pastry without the slits..
- Place the rectangles of puff pastry with the slits on top of the sheets with the kabocha filling, and using a fork, firmly press the edges of the two sheets together..
- Lay parchment paper on a baking sheet, arrange the pies, brush the tops with egg yolk, then bake for 10 minutes in the preheated oven..
- After 10 minutes, lower the oven temperature to 360F/180C and bake for 15 more minutes. Then they're done!!.
- For further reference, here are apple pies made in the same way…
- Also, here are some sweet potato pies made in the same way.. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/150386-easy-basic-sweet-potato-pies.