Egusi soup. Egusi soup is unarguably the most popular Nigerian soup. In my few years as a food blogger and Nigerian food lover, I have learned that different recipes exist across different Nigerian ethnic groups. Egusi soup is an exotic hearty food that will satisfy your taste buds.
Ingredients of Egusi soup
- Prepare of Spinach/ugu leaf as u required.
- You need 2 of tomatoes.
- You need 2 of red peper.
- Prepare of Scotch bonnet as required.
- Prepare of Oil either palm oil or veg oil.
- You need of Seasoning.
- You need of Pumpkin seeds grinded.
- It’s of Onion.
- It’s of White meat or red aa required.
- You need of Stock fish.
- You need of Smoked fish.
Ground Egusi seeds give this soup a unique color and flavor. If you can't find Egusi seeds, you can substitute pumpkin seeds. Any combination of crab, shrimp and smoked fish can be used in place of. Nigerian Egusi Soup (Caking Method) [Video] Egusi and Ogbono Soup Combo Fried Egusi Soup [Video] Ofe Achara with Akpuruakpu Egusi [Video] Egusi Soup for Haters of Egusi Soup Sunflower.
Egusi soup step by step
- Wash and diced all the ingredients above.
- The stock fish first need to be washed with hot water and cook with some garlic n ginger paste,then add the chicken,smoked fish and let both cook.
- Put some oil to the pot add the onionsand let sim for some minutes garlic n ginger paste add the grinded pepper choped tomatoes stir fry and add a bit of water to bring to boil.
- Add the cooked meat n stock fish,smoked fish.
Egusi soup, also called melon soup is an absolute delightful delicacy enjoyed all over West Africa. Egusi soup or melon soup is made from the dry seeds of the melon plant closely related to squash. Nigerian Egusi Soup is a soup thickened with ground melon seeds and contains leafy and other vegetables. Find out how to cook egusi soup with this egusi soup recipe. Egusi soup is a culinary soup prepared with egusi seeds as a primary ingredient.