Jack Cookies for Halloween with Black Sesame.
Ingredients of Jack Cookies for Halloween with Black Sesame
- You need 300 grams of Cake flour.
- It’s 200 grams of Unsalted butter.
- Prepare 100 grams of Powdered sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Black sesame seed paste, as needed.
- It’s of dough, to make it easier to handle:.
- Prepare 40 grams of Cornstarch.
- You need 2 grams of Baking powder.
Jack Cookies for Halloween with Black Sesame step by step
- Sift the cake flour and set aside. Leave the unsalted butter out at room temperature..
- Once the butter has softened, add sugar and mix into a cream..
- Add sifted cake flour to Step 2 and mix, being careful not to over-mix. Once the dough is smooth and no longer lumpy that's enough..
- Wrap it up in a bundle and store in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- Take some of the dough and mix in your desired amount of black sesame paste to create the black-colored dough for the eyes and mouth..
- Preheat your oven (It takes a while for the cookies to shape, so keep an eye on your oven)..
- Take the plain dough and cut into circles of whatever thickness you like (in order to make the Jack face, I did it by hand, not using a cookie cutter)..
- If you move them, you'll lose the shape, so it's safer to work on a baking sheet. Lay the cookies on the baking sheet..
- Use the black dough to create eyes, a mouth, and nose-holes and stick them on the face..
- Being careful not to smash the face, use wrapping on top of the cookie to get the black dough settled in with the rest of the face..
- Bake in the oven at 300°F/150°C for 30 minutes. Adjust the temperature and cooking time depending on the condition..
- While making them I got pretty tired and fed up with the process, so I used a cookie cutter for the last bits of dough. The black sesame dough is great for spiders!.
- I also made these for Halloween… Spider-Man Cookies!.