Brad's cashew chicken. Cashew chicken (Chinese: 腰果雞丁) is a Chinese-American dish that combines chicken (usually stir-fried but occasionally deep-fried, depending on the variation), with cashews and either a light brown garlic sauce or a thick sauce made from chicken stock, soy sauce and oyster sauce. This cashew chicken with tender stir-fried chicken and roasted cashews in garlic sauce tastes just Cashew Chicken. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Everyday Food: Great Food Fast by Martha Stewart.
Ingredients of Brad's cashew chicken
- Prepare of For the sauce.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of soy sauce.
- It’s 3/4 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbs of oyster sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 tbs of sake.
- It’s 1 tbs of seasoned rice vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare 3/4 tbs of dry mustard.
- Prepare 3/4 tbs of ground ginger.
- You need 4 of compacted tbs brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cornstarch mixed with 1/4 cup cold water.
- You need of Other ingredients.
- It’s 1 (15 Oz) of can whole baby sweet corn.
- It’s 1 (8 Oz) of can sliced water chestnuts.
- Prepare 3 of LG chicken breasts. Fileted in half then cut to 3/4 " cubes.
- Prepare 6 Oz of petite sweet carrots.
- Prepare 1 of LG shallot diced.
- You need 1 tsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Chinese 5 spice.
- It’s 1 tbs of oil.
- You need 1 of small bunch bok choy. Sliced thin. Only the whites.
- You need 2 of small heads broccoli. Small florets.
- Prepare 5 Oz of roasted, unsalted, whole cashews.
- Prepare 1 of "x 2" piece if ginger root. Peel, slice, smash, then mince.
- Prepare of Sliced green onions for garnish.
Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe made with juicy tender chicken, sweet bell pepper, buttery cashews, all coated in a sweet and savory garlic sauce. Better than take-out, learn how to make this delicious. I was recently asked what dish from childhood I remember the most. Cashew chicken (my mom made hers with.
Brad's cashew chicken step by step
- Mix all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside. Stir occasionally.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large wok. Add chicken, shallots, ginger root, and carrots. Sprinkle with 5 spice. Stir fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Do not drain liquid..
- Add garlic, bok choy, and broccoli. Cover with a lid. Stir fry until broccoli is tender. Stir occasionally..
- When tender, add baby corn, water chestnuts, cashews, and sauce. Bring to a simmer uncovered. Simmer until sauce thickens..
- Serve over jasmine rice. Garnish with green onions and siracha sauce if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Cashew chicken is no doubt a winner by these metrics. The chicken breast is briefly marinated, resulting in juicy, tender bites that are very flavorful. The sauce is made from rich oyster sauce, a. This cashew chicken recipe is perfect for summer and one you need to put on your "must try" list. The cashews hidden throughout this dish are definitely what take the chicken over the top!