Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix). Texas Trash – I don't think I have met ideas for holiday appetizers recipes christmas chex mix. Meg's Chex Mix: traditional with a few tweaks- wasn't a huge fan will try the regular version. Wikipedia: Chex Mix Chex Mix (stylized as Chex mix) is a type of snack mix that includes Chex breakfast cereal (sold by General Mills) as a major component.
Ingredients of Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix)
- You need 1 of preheated oven 225 degree.
- Prepare 1 of roasting pan.
- It’s 2 cup of Corn Chex Cereal.
- You need 2 cup of Rice Chex Cereal.
- Prepare 1 cup of Goldfish Crackers.
- It’s 1 cup of Pretzel Sticks.
- You need 1 cup of Pecan Halves.
- You need 1 cup of Cashew Halves.
- You need 1 cup of garlic roasted rye chips.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Butter (1 stick).
- You need 2 of Tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce.
- It’s 1 of tablespoon red pepper hot sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cayenne pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Seasoning Sat.
Below, I've gathered all the Chex Mix recipes I could find. You can also make Chex Mix to give as gifts. Cool, then stir in an air tight container. The recipe says that this Texas Trash.
Texas Holiday Trash Mix (Chex Mix) step by step
- Add first seven ingredients in a roasting pan, and set aside..
- Over low heat melt butter, add Worcestershire sauce, red hot sauce and remaining four spices until just incorporated..
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine well. Bake mixture at 225°F for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Don't forget to stir..
- Have fun with this. Add any dry ingredient you like. Just keep an eye on it while its baking. You can make this as sweet tasting or spicy as you want. Enjoy.
This is "Chex Party Mix – Holiday Magic" by Ricky Anolik on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them. Ever since I can remember my mother made Texas Trash/Party Mix. I know she found the original recipe on the box of Chex Cereal as I have used it also. It was a snack we all enjoyed year round but especially during the holidays. She always made it as directed and I would pick out the chex cereals.