Raspberry meringue stack cake. Stacked pavlova cake with raspberry, coconut, and whipped cream filling, this meringue cake is incredibly delicious! This stacked pavlova with raspberries is really out of this world! I just love the contrast between the crunchy and sweet meringue layers and the soft and tangy raspberry filling.
Ingredients of Raspberry meringue stack cake
- Prepare 6 of eggs.
- You need 300 grams of caster sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of cornflour.
- It’s 300 ml of thickened cream.
- It’s 1/4 cup of icing sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of freeze-dried berries, crushed.
- Prepare 3 of x 125 g. punnet raspberries.
- It’s 75 grams of shortbread, crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of lemon curd.
Be careful if stacking them as they'll be pretty fragile. Our raspberry meringue layer cake is a rich and fruity summer cake that requires no cooking at all. The layers of vanilla cream, raspberries, meringue and amaretti biscuits give this fridge cake texture and shape without the need to make a cake batter. Don't be timid when serving up this beauty – plunging in with a knife to slice is the easiest way.
Raspberry meringue stack cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 140°C Mark three 18 cm circles on separate sheets of baking paper, then line 3 oven trays with baking paper, ink side down..
- Put egg whites in the large bowl of electric mixer and beat, using whisk attachment, until stiff peaks form. Add sugar 1 tablespoon at a time, beating until a thick and glossy mixture forms.Sift cornflour and whisk until combined…
- Divide meringue among circles on trays, using the back of spoon too fill the circles and make decorative peaks. Bake for 1 hour. Turn off oven. Allow to cool completely in oven , with door ajar..
- Meanwhile, put cream and sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat, using whisk attachment until peaks form, set aside..
- To assemble, put 1 meringue disc on a serving platter. Sprinkle over 1/3 of the crushed berries, then spoon over 1/2 of the cream, 1/2 of the raspberries, 1/2 of the shortbread and 1/2 of the lemon curd. Repeat layering once more, finish with remaining meringue disc and dusting with remaining crushed berries. Serve..
Add chopped nuts to the meringue and fold through using a large metal spoon. Spread meringue evenly inside the marked circles on sheets. Spoon one-third of the semi-frozen custard into the tin. Sprinkle over half the meringues and half the crushed raspberries. Ice the top and sides of the stacked cake with the remaining buttercream.