Crunchy Halloween Cookies (No Cookie Cutter Needed!).
Ingredients of Crunchy Halloween Cookies (No Cookie Cutter Needed!)
- Prepare 100 grams of Kabocha squash.
- You need 150 grams of Cake flour.
- Prepare 100 grams of Unsalted margarine (or unsalted butter).
- You need 2 tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 of Granulated sugar (for decoration, as desired).
Crunchy Halloween Cookies (No Cookie Cutter Needed!) instructions
- Combine the room-temperature margarine and sugar, and whisk until it has a white, mayonnaise-like consistency..
- Add the sifted cake flour and mashed kabocha and mix. Don't worry if it's still soft and sticky..
- Wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Wrap to whatever thickness you like. I rolled it in a 5 cm thick log..
- When it has hardened, sprinkle granulated sugar on top, roll to coat, and cut in about 5 mm slices..
- Arrange on a baking pan, and reshape the dough..
- Draw on the faces. This time I used a straw to poke the eyes and mouth, and a toothpick to make the lines of the pumpkin..
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 360°F/180°C for 15 minutes. Once they're fragrant and crunchy, they're complete..
- For extra-scary cookies, I tried making Munch's "The Scream!".