Shepherd's Pie for Christmas or a Party.
Ingredients of Shepherd's Pie for Christmas or a Party
- You need 3 of Potatoes.
- You need 3 cm of Carrot.
- Prepare 1 of Green pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 of Onion.
- It’s 200 grams of Ground pork (or beef, or a mixture of pork and beef).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vegetable oil (for sautéing).
- It’s 1 dash of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 of squares Beef stew roux (store-bought).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Margarine or butter.
- Prepare 100 ml of Milk.
Shepherd's Pie for Christmas or a Party step by step
- Mince the onion, carrot, and green pepper. Heat some vegetable oil in a skillet and sauté the onion, ground meat, carrots, and green pepper in that order. Season it with salt and pepper..
- Finely chop the beef stew roux..
- Once the ingredients from Step 1 are cooked, add 2 tablespoons of water and the stew roux from Step 2, then sauté until the roux is dissolved..
- Peel the potatoes, roughly chop them up and boil until tender. Drain the potatoes, put them back in the pot, and cook off the excess water. Mash them with a potato masher..
- Add and mix the butter into the potatoes from Step 4..
- Pour the milk into the potatoes from Step 5 and mix until smooth..
- In a heat-proof container, add a half portion of the meat mixture from Step 3. Add a half portion of the mashed potatoes on top and spread it over the meat..
- Repeat the Step 7 procedure by adding another layer of meat, and then another layer of mashed potatoes on top. Use the back of a fork to draw lines on the surface..
- Bake it in the oven at 200℃ (392 F) for 35-40 minutes until the top is browned. (Alternatively, it should take about 15-20 minutes at 250℃ or 482°F..
- This dish is delicious fresh out of the oven. Once it gets cold, you can microwave it and it will be delicious. It is good in a lunch box, too..