Velveting Meat / XO Beef.
Ingredients of Velveting Meat / XO Beef
- You need of For Velveting the meat:.
- It’s 400 of g- Beef Any cut will do even cheap ones, as velveting with make even the toughest cuts soft, although saying that, I'm using sirloin awks.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp- Corn Starch/ Fine White Cornflour, this is the real star that will soften the meat.
- Prepare 2 of tbsp- Chinese Cooking Wine, this will help add flavour and help the cornflour stick to the beef, also it'll probably help the meat tenderize too but I'm not too sure.
- You need of For The Stirfry:.
- You need 2 of tbsp- XO Sauce, this is the real MVP of the show packed with so much umami you don't know what to do.
- It’s 4 of – cloves Garlic.
- Prepare 1 of – Thumb of Ginger.
- It’s of The Velvet Beef.
- Prepare 2 of – Red Peppers.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 Handful of Mangetout.
- You need 2 of tsp- Cooking Oil.
- It’s 3 of – Large Mushrooms.
Velveting Meat / XO Beef step by step
- 1. Firstly we can start by thinly slicing the beef..
- 2. In a bowl add the beef and equal parts cooking wine and cornflour 2tbsp should be adequate, then mix together ensuring beef is coated..
- 3. Set the mixture aside for 30mins minimum and that's half the velveting done. Now we can concentrate on prepping the stir fry..
- 4. Finely chop the ginger there's no need to peel it, I've never peeled ginger, also crush and chop the garlic and put them into the same bowl..
- 5. Chop the peppers, onions and mushrooms then put it into a bowl with the mangetout whole and prep is done..
- 6. Now to finish velveting the meat. After the meat has sat for 30 minutes, bring a pan of water to boiling point then add the beef and bring to boil again for 3-5 mins, then drain and we're ready for stir fry! Also, you could fry the meat in 2 inches of oil it works the same but that's fat..
- 7. Get a fresh frying pan and bring it to a high heat then add the oil..
- 8. When the pan is smoking hot add the garlic and ginger then mix..
- 9. Before ginger and garlic start browning, add all the veggies and start stir-frying this is going to happen quickly because the pan is going to be very very hot..
- 10. Once the veggies start softening a lil add the beef and stirfry!.
- 11. Now add 2 tbsp of XO and mix that baby in then take in those smells. If it seems a lil dry add some water then fry until a thick sauce is formed then you're done. Enjoy with a bowl of rice of something..