Ingredients of Cottage Pie
- You need 2 pounds of ground turkey (or whatever you have.).
- You need 1 bag of frozen mixed vegetables.
- You need 1 bag of frozen corn.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- You need 1 cup of V8 juice.
- It’s 3 tablespoons of butter.
- You need of Potato Top.
- You need 6-8 of potatoes, washed, peeled, chopped.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s of milk or V8 juice to desired consistency.
Cottage Pie step by step
- Begin with the potatoes. Boil on stove until bottom hash is ready to combine..
- Grease skillet with butter and brown meat..
- Add frozen vegetables and cook till thawed..
- Add tablespoon of cornstarch to 1 cup of V8 juice. Stir till dissolved and pour over hash. Cook to a simmer..
- Drain potatoes and mash with butter and milk (add till you have the potatoes as thick or thin as you want.) If you are out of milk, use V8 juice..
- Dump hash into a glass casserole dish, 9×13 works best..
- Spoon potatoes on top and spread to desired coverage..
- Place in preheated oven of 400 Fahrenheit. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until potatoes are browned..