Witch finger cookies with strawberry coulis blood. These healthier witch finger cookies use jam in place of food coloring! I'm preparing for a Halloween party and had no intention of posting these bloody witch fingers but after seeing. Dust the work surface with flour.
Ingredients of Witch finger cookies with strawberry coulis blood
- You need 3 cups of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of soften unsalted butter.
- You need 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- It’s 1 of large egg(optional).
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 5-6 of blanched & skinned almonds.
- It’s For of strawberry coulis-.
- It’s 1 cup of frozen/fresh roughly chopped strawberries.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sugar.
Once cooled, dip the bottom of the finger into the strawberry jam, so it looks like it's been cut off. Then, fill the fingernail space with a dollop of the jam. These Witch Finger Cookies are my favorite Halloween treat recipe ever! The "fingers" are a gruesome and spooky addition to a Halloween party, and kids absolutely love them too.
Witch finger cookies with strawberry coulis blood instructions
- First mix all the wet ingredients such as butter,sugar, vanilla extract & egg.Then beat them with a whisk until creamy & frothy..
- Then add sieved flour & baking soda to it & incorporate everything together..
- Now knead a soft dough out of it & cover it up. Then keep it in the refrigerator for 20 minutes..
- Meanwhile make the strawberry coulis.For that in a pan add the strawberries & sugar. Then mix & let it cook for about 5-6 minutes on medium heat..
- Once the mixture is thick, strain the coulis & remove the remaining chunks.keep the liquid coulis aside..
- Now take a spoonful portion from the prepared dough.Then on a flat surface gently roll it & give it a finger like shape..
- Now once the finger shaped cookie is ready take a knife & make horizontal marks over the cookies just like we have on our fingers..
- Then place one half of the almond on the tip of the finger & gently press both side of the finger..
- Once all the fingers are ready, place them on a baking tray & bake for 30 minutes on 350°F or 170°C..
- Once those are nicely baked,take those out from the oven & cool those down a bit..
- Now apply strawberry coulis on both of the edges to make it more realistic..
- Finally serve it with some more strawberry coulis..
Unlike most Halloween novelties, these are actually a delicious cookie—a buttery shortbread with a hint of almond. I made the blood sauce with a few dark beets the other day. I first steamed them, then skinned them. This recipe for Witch Finger Cookies is sure to be the creepiest, scariest treat on your Halloween table. Meringue Bones are the perfect Halloween bake especially with coulis Blood, recipe taken from Lily Vanilli's book Sweet Tooth.