Oven Braised Pot Roast. Make this meal on a Sunday and you'll have three dinners taken care of! The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Mo. The recipe yields enough for both Roast Beef Hash on Monday, and Pot Roast Tacos With Chimichurri on Tuesday.
Ingredients of Oven Braised Pot Roast
- It’s 3 of -5 lb boneless Chuck Roast.
- Prepare 3 clove of garlic, cut into slivers.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of Cajun seasoning, or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Onion powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 cup of Vegetable or Canola oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chopped onion.
- It’s 3 cup of Beef Stock or broth, warmed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried Thyme, crushed.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of Bay leaf.
In North America, when vegetables and Braising the perfect pot roast is not complicated at all, but you can't rush it. Once assembled, all you need to do is place it in the oven and let it cook; it's. CATEGORIES: One Dish Dinners, Oven Baked, Roasts. It's been about a year and a half since I sat down here at this same computer and started writing a blog post about pot roast.
Oven Braised Pot Roast instructions
- Preheat the oven to 275°F. Stud the roast using the tip of a knife to cut multiple small slits in areas all over the meat and inserting slivers of garlic into each cut..
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, salt, pepper, Cajun seasoning, onion powder and garlic powder with fork. Sprinkle flour mixture over entire roast. Rub mixture into the roast, turning until thoroughly covered, including sides. Let rest for 15 min while the oven pre-heats.
- Heat 2 Tbsp of fat in a Dutch oven over medium high heat. Using tongs, carefully place roast into hot oil and sear it on all sides..
- Remove roast and set aside. Add more fat or oil as needed to equal 1/4 cup. Sprinkle in the flour and cook, stirring constantly until mixture reaches the color of mud (about 5-7 mins)..
- Stir in the chopped onion and cook about 3 minutes..
- Stir in the warm beef broth, thyme, Worcestershire and bay leaf.
- Place roast into the gravy, spoon some of the gravy on top, cover and cook at 275°F for 4 hours basting occasionally (if you want to add vegetables and potato's, after two hours remove from the oven, baste the meat and add the carrots along the side of the roast, cover and return to the oven for 1 hr. then remove, baste and add the potatoes, cover and cook another hr or until the potatoes are tender).
But that blog post quickly took a turn and morphed into something else. Pot roast was a one-pot wonder long before that was a term for homey dishes that are both Choosing the right cut of meat and the best potatoes for braising, and making a lush gravy are chief Everything You Need to Know About Cooking Pot Roast in the Oven. I will make no promises of this. This oven braised chuck roast rocks. I seriously could just end the post there to be honest.