Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares.
Ingredients of Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares
- Prepare 300 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 300 grams of muscovado sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of bicarbonate sodium.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ground mixed spice.
- It’s 175 grams of chopped dried dates.
- It’s 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 200 grams of melted butter cooled.
- You need 4 of eggs beaten.
- Prepare of Zest and juice of half lemon (or orange).
- It’s 1/2 of lemon zest.
- It’s 425 grams of pumpkin shredded.
- It’s of cream cheese frosting.
- Prepare 90 grams of butter melted.
- You need 200 grams of tub of cream cheese (full fat).
- You need of Zest of half lemon (or orange).
- Prepare 1 tsp of lemon juice or orange juice.
- Prepare 100 g of icing sugar.
Halloween Frosted Pumpkin Squares instructions
- Heat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line square tin.
- Measure all the dry ingredients into a big bowl..
- Beat the eggs into the melted butter and add the lemon zest an juice..
- Add the dry ingredients to the egg and butter mixture mixing well..
- When everything well mixed add the shredded pumpkin to the mixture..
- Pour mixture into prepared square tin and put in the oven for about 40 minutes. Until top browned and springy to the touch and skewer comes out clean..
- Frosting is made by adding cream cheese to the melted but cooled butter. Mix vigorously and add the 200 grams of sifted icing sugar. Add lemon zest and juice to flavour..
- When cake cooled you can frost it. It will last about 3 days in a sealed container in the fridge. That's if you can avoid the temptation.