Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup. We created this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup to use up fresh zucchini, tomatoes and some of the fresh herbs from our garden – but you can also add other fresh Can I make this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup in the slow cooker? From the questions we often get, I know that a lot. This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern beans, zucchini, fresh spinach, and carrots.
Ingredients of Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- You need 2 cups of yellow onion (chopped).
- You need 2 cups of mini bell peppers (chopped).
- You need 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- Prepare Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- It’s 1 (16 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 3 of zucchinis cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 cups of chicken soup base.
- Prepare 4 cups of water.
- It’s 1 cup of Colby jack cheese.
- Prepare Dash of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 cup of motzerella or feta.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of basil.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- It’s of Extra cheese for garnish.
Zucchini in tomato sauce, a quick and simple recipe to make at home in summer: super simple and delicious, it's a speedy solution for lunch or dinner and if This recipe is traditional in Italy: people use their own products and when you've this opportunity, the end result is even better than what you expect. Tender zucchini shells stuffed with a mixture of Italian sausage, tomatoes, zucchini and onions, then topped with Parmesan cheese. Cook sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage from skillet; set aside.
Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup step by step
- To make the zucchini tomato Italian sausage soup: In a large soup pot or large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and once hot, add Italian sausage meat. Break up the meat while it cooks with a wooden spoon..
- Once the Italian sausage meat has browned, add onion and bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes..
- Move the meat and vegetables to the sides and lower heat to medium. Add garlic, pepper flakes and tomato paste to the center of the Dutch oven and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, zucchini, salt, pepper, chicken broth and Colby jack cheese and motzerella, along with basil and thyme and stir to combine..
- Bring the soup to a medium simmer and cook just long enough until the vegetables are tender about 10-15 minutes..
- Remove the soup from heat. Serve soup immediately with additional basil and cheese on top. Enjoy!.
This Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce is loaded with tomatoes and spices. It's great over zucchini noodles, pasta, mashed potatoes, and even on its I'm very excited to share this Italian Sausage Tomato Sauce recipe. It's a traditional recipe from my husband's family. In fact, this recipe was one of. You will love the trendy topics we have prepared for you.