Vickys Ghastly 'Ghostinis' with Bloody Tapenade.
Ingredients of Vickys Ghastly 'Ghostinis' with Bloody Tapenade
- You need 1 loaf of of bread, around 800g, thickly sliced, around 16 slices (free-from bread recipes in my profile).
- You need 20 ml of olive oil or as required.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper, divided.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 200 grams of roasted red peppers drained weight from a jar.
- It’s 100 grams of sundried tomatoes (in oil but drained weight).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil from sundried tomato jar.
- You need 50 grams of kalamata olives, pitted.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of capers in brine, drained.
- It’s 2 tbsp of water.
- You need 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 10 grams of fresh parsley.
- You need 1 of halloween shaped cookie cutters.
Vickys Ghastly 'Ghostinis' with Bloody Tapenade instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 6 / 200C / 400°F.
- With a ghost or other halloween shaped cookie cutter, cut shapes from each slice of bread. You should get at least 2 from each slice. I used a 2.5 inch cutters. Keep the bread scraps for another use.
- Place the shapes on a baking sheet, brush with a little of the olive oil, sprinkle with the salt and 1/4tsp of the pepper and toast for 12 minutes or until golden, turning halfway though.
- Combine the peppers, olives, sundried tomatoes and flavoured oil, capers, parsley, water, vinegar and remaining 1/4 tsp pepper in a blender.
- Process smooth then pulse in the lemon juice. Add extra oil to get the consistency you prefer and season to taste.
- Serve the ghostinis with the tapenade and extra breadsticks (gluten-free vegan recipe in my profile) and crackers if desired.