Cheesy Smoked Mackerel Gratin.
Ingredients of Cheesy Smoked Mackerel Gratin
- You need 1 of lemon.
- Prepare 400 g of potatoes.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of dijon mustard.
- You need 30 g of rennet-free parmesan.
- You need 100 g of smoked mackerel fillet.
- Prepare 2 of little gem lettuce.
- Prepare 1 of pot of organic double cream.
- You need 1 of dried bay leaf.
- You need 150 ml of milk.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- You need Pinch of pepper and salt.
Cheesy Smoked Mackerel Gratin instructions
- Preheat the oven to 220°C / 200°C (fan) / 425°F/ Gas 7..
- Peel and slice the potatoes, about the thickness of a pound coin. Then grate the zest of lemon..
- Add the sliced potato, bay leaf, lemon zest, 100ml of double cream, dijon mustard and 150ml of milk in a larga pot over a medium-low heat. Simmer gently for 10 minutes..
- Remove the skin from the mackerel fillet. Break the mackerel fillet into different sized pieces, some small flakes and some larger chunks..
- Remove the outer leaves of the little gems, tear them roughly and put in a bowl to serve. For the salad dressing, juice the lemon and mix the 1-2 olive oil, season to your taste with salt and pepper..
- Once the mixture in the pot has tickened and potatoes softened, combined with most of the mackerel in a oven proof dish, holding back a few pieces. Top with the remaining mackerel and grate the parmesan over the dish..
- Cook the gratin in a oven for 10 minutes, or until piping hot throughout and golden brown on top..
- Serve the creamy gratin with a side of salad..