Easy Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani).
Ingredients of Easy Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani)
- Prepare 1 1/2 pound of or 3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts chunks.
- You need 250 g of tomato sauce.
- You need 1 cup of cream.
- It’s 1/2 of plain white yogurt.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of butter.
- It’s 3-4 cloves of garlic finely minced.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of minced ginger.
- You need 1 of medium white or yellow onion diced.
- Prepare 1 of chicken buillon cube.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of garam masala or 1 tbsp cumin and 1/4 tbsp allspice.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of turmeric.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder or paprika.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne or to taste.
- Prepare to taste of Salt and black pepper.
Easy Butter Chicken (Murgh Makhani) step by step
- Heat pan in medium heat and add oil, and cook onions until 2-3 minutes, add garlic and cook until golden brown add ginger and cook for about 30 seconds. Set aside..
- Cook chicken in a left over oil from cooking onions earlier. Cook for about 5-8 minutes until a little brown. Add back cooked onions, garlic, ginger and spices (garam masala, cumin, cayenne, paprika/chili powder, and turmeric)..
- Add tomato sauce, butter and chicken bouillon cube and simmer for about 3-5 minutes. Add cream, salt and pepper to taste and simmer for another 3 minutes while stirring continuously/frequently. Turn off heat and drizzle/add yogurt..
- Serve with naan or white rice with a side of vegetables..