Three Cup Chicken. How to Make Three Cup Chicken Crispy? If you like crispy chicken, you may deep fry the chicken quickly until the outer part of the chicken are fried, but may not cooked through inside. Three Cup Chicken–regardless of whether or not you've heard of it, you'll definitely like it.
Ingredients of Three Cup Chicken
- You need 1 of free range chicken (cut 8).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of premium dark soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of shaoxing wine.
- You need 4 of garlics (mashed).
- You need 1/2 of ginger (cut and mashed).
- Prepare 3 of spring onion (cut).
- It’s 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 1 handful of thai basil.
- You need of Cooking oil.
- It’s of Sugar.
Three cups chicken is originated from the province of Jiangxi in China. Legend has it that it was created by Wen Tianxiang who was a scholar-general in the last years of the Southern Song Dynasty. Taiwanese Three Cup Chicken (San Bei Ji) – Marion's Kitchen. Taiwan Eats: Three Cup Chicken (San Bei Ji).
Three Cup Chicken instructions
- Prepare all the ingredients.
- Heat the pan, fry the ginger, next put in the sesame oil and the chicken, then put in the garlic..
- Add the shaoxing wine and soy sauce, bring to boil until the chicken is cooked..
- When the sauce get thickened, put in the chilli, basil and spring onion and season with sugar..
- After the chicken get tendered, set aside, let it cool, so the chicken would absorb the sauce well..
All products linked here have been independently selected by our. Stir together the soy sauce, rice wine and sugar in a bowl, pour over chicken. Traditionally, three cup chicken is made with an entire chicken, carved-up, bone-in, and skin-on. It's braised in a sweet and savory broth until it gets a nice, sticky glaze. Taiwanese three-cup chicken with sweet basil, rice wine, soy sauce and sesame oil is a must try braised chicken dish.