Chicken Quesadilla Pie.
Ingredients of Chicken Quesadilla Pie
- Prepare 1 of large (10 inch burrito size) flour tortilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of canned black beans, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tbsp. of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 1/2 cup of diced onion.
- It’s to taste of pepper, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika.
- It’s 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese, divided.
- Prepare 2 of large eggs.
- It’s 1 cup of milk.
- It’s 1 cup of flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s of Suggested Toppings :.
- It’s of ·sour cream.
- Prepare of ·diced avocado.
- Prepare of ·sriracha.
- You need of ·diced tomatoes.
- It’s of ·shredded lettuce.
- It’s of ·pico de gallo.
- It’s of ·salsa.
Chicken Quesadilla Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a 9 inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray. Press the tortilla in the pie pan, then lightly spray the top of the tortilla as well. Set aside..
- In a medium mixing bowl, place the chicken, black beans, onion and 1 cup of the cheese. Stir to combine. If you're using unseasoned shredded chicken, then add the seasonings to taste…since my crock pot chicken I used was already seasoned, I skipped this step..
- Pour the chicken mix over the top of the tortilla. Sprinkle the cilantro over the top..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, flour, salt and baking powder until all combined and blended. Pour over the top of the chicken mix..
- Sprinkle the remaining cup of cheese over the top of the chicken mix..
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 minutes, then slice into wedges and serve..
- You can eat it as is or top it with your favorite quesadilla toppings (some suggestions listed in the ingredient list)..