Ingredients of Frightening Fingers
- It’s 1 cup of butter, softened.
- Prepare 1 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1 tsp of almond extract.
- You need 2 3/4 cup of all-purpose flour.
- It’s 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 of Red decorating gel.
- You need 1/2 cup of sliced almonds.
Frightening Fingers step by step
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in the egg and extracts..
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture..
- Divide dough into fourths. cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until easy to handle..
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll into 1-in. balls..
- Shape balls into 3-in. x 1/2-in. fingers. Using the flat tip of a table knife, make an indentation on one end of each for fingernail..
- With a knife, make three slashes in the middle of each finger for knuckle..
- Place 2 in. apart on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake at 325* for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned..
- Cool for 3 minutes. Sqweeze a small amount of red gel on nail bed; press a sliced almond over gel for nail, allowing gel to ooze around nail. Remove to wire racks to cool..
- Yield: about 5 dozen cookies..