Zold family Pumpkin Pie!.
Ingredients of Zold family Pumpkin Pie!
- It’s of pie crust.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 stick of salted cold butter.
- It’s 1 of between 4 and 6 tablespoons of ice cold water.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of filling.
- Prepare 1 can of 15.oz 100% pure pumkin*NOT pumpkin pie mix.
- It’s 1 can of 14.oz sweetened condensed milk*can not be substituted for evaporated milk.
- You need 2 tbsp of dark brown sugar.
- You need 3 of large eggs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of pumkin pie spice*I like a lot you can use less if you do not, most recipes call for around 13/4 to 2 tsp..that doesn't do it for me, it's up to you.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
Zold family Pumpkin Pie! step by step
- Preheat oven to 425°f.
- For pie crust sift all dry ingredients together.
- Dice up your butter and cut it into your dry ingredients with a fork until it is well distributed. It should resemble the texture of corn meal..
- Add in 4 tbs cold water and mix, keep adding just until you dough comes together, this is tricky you don't want too much water in here so as soon as your dough is together stop adding the water.it took me 6 tbs..
- Roll your dough out into a circle and place over a 9 inch pie dish.
- Flute your edges and place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- For the filling, mix together all of ingredients with hand mixer for about a minute or until well combined.
- Gently pour into pie crust and put it in the preheated oven set at 425 for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes put a pie crust sheild or make one out of a square of foil and place it on the crust.
- Turn your oven down to 350°f Return it to the oven and bake for another 30-40 minutes or until an inserted butter n if on the edge comes out clean.
- The pie might be a tad jiggly in the middle still. That is fine it Will firm up when you pie is cooling.
- Enjoy and follow me for more great recipes:).