Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot). Mississippi Pot Roast – The most delicious pot roast you will EVER eat! Made with just five simple ingredients and slow cooked in the crockpot, you are Mississippi Pot Roast is a combination of five simple ingredients that all cook together in your slow cooker. Hope you enjoy this easy and delicious crock pot recipe!
Ingredients of Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot)
- It’s 3-4 lb. of roast.
- You need 1 oz. of ranch dressing packet (powder).
- It’s 1 oz. of onion soup envelope (powder).
- It’s 1 stick of (or quarter lb.) of butter.
- It’s 16 oz. of jar of pepperoncini, including apx. 2 TBS. of the juice from the jar.
I recently had a cook off and made two versions of our favorite Crockpot Mississippi Pot Roast in both the slow cooker and in my new Crock-Pot. How to Make Crock Pot Mississippi Pot Roast Sandwiches. And if you are looking for even more easy crock pot recipe inspiration, keep scrolling past the recipe for some other great crock pot dinner ideas from some of my favorite food blogging friends! This easy Mississippi Pot Roast Recipe will quickly become your favorite meal for the Crock Pot, Instant Pot, or the Oven!
Mississippi Pot Roast (crockpot) instructions
- Place roast in the crockpot (slow cooker) Sprayed with cooking spray. Some people prefer to brown the meat first, but I find this isn’t necessary..
- Coat roast with the ranch powder mix and onion soup mix..
- Top with a stick of butter..
- Place pepperoncini around the roast and pour in the juice from the jar (about 2 TBS)..
- Cook on low for 6 hours, or high for 4 hours..
- After it’s cooked, shred with a fork, mix well and serve over mashed potatoes..
What Makes This Crock Pot Roast Different? Normally, crock pot Mississippi pot roast is made with a packet of ranch dressing, a stick of butter, and a packet of onion soup mix. Since I don't usually have those packets in my pantry, I decided to make a homemade. Place roast in the slow cooker and sprinkle with a little black pepper and a little seasoned salt. Sprinkle the top with the ranch dressing mix and the au jus mix.