A1 Shepherds pie. Shepherd's Pie comes to us from England, and is traditionally made with lamb or mutton. Regardless of what you call it, a shepherd's pie is basically a casserole with a layer of cooked meat and vegetables, topped with mashed potatoes, and baked in the oven until the mashed potatoes are well. Gordon's take on a real British classic.
Ingredients of A1 Shepherds pie
- You need 1 lb of hamburger.
- It’s 1/3 cup of A1 sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of Mexican blend cheese.
- It’s 2 (4 oz) of bouch mashed potatoes.
- It’s 1 can of sweet peas.
- It’s 1 can of sweet corn.
- You need 1 of onion diced.
Premium ground beef, fresh local greens and hand-whipped mashed potatoes. Savour a spoonful of goodness everytime. Shepherds pie is actually made from Lamb. Cottage pie is made with ground Beef.
A1 Shepherds pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350. Cook onions and brown the hamburger.
- Drain then add A1 sauce and bring to simmer than move from heat.
- Make the mashed potatoes as the package instructs.
- Add corn and cheese to potatoes.
- Spoon hamburger mix into baking dish.
- Cover hamburger with a layer of peas than cover with potatoes.
- Bake uncovered for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes serve and enjoy.
Very different from the regular pub style Shepherd's Pie but still great! I didn't add thyme or rosemary but I did add Epicure's Roasted Garlic and Epicure's Beef and Pork seasoning. My family wasn't big on casseroles growing up and John and I aren't big on them now, but this recipe may be our one exception. Traditional Shepherd's pie contains ground beef, which I considered swapping for walnuts, a combination of mushrooms and walnuts, or lentils. Shepherd's Pie is the sort of food that brings a smile to everyone's face!