Easy Chicken Pot Pie. This homemade chicken pot pie recipe streamlines your work by using frozen mixed vegetables, a can of condensed cream of chicken soup and your "secret ingredient," Original Bisquick™ mix. Our cream of chicken soup makes a rich and creamy sauce and the biscuit mix topping makes it easier than ever to whip up this pot pie. Plus, it's super easy to make, which makes it a great recipe for beginner cooks and busy families alike.
Ingredients of Easy Chicken Pot Pie
- It’s 3 of chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces.
- It’s 1 of carrot, peeled and cut up.
- You need 2 of potatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 can of corn, drained.
- Prepare 1/4 can of peas, drained.
- It’s 1 stalk of celery, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 tsp of salt and pepper.
- You need 3 cup of half and half.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need 2 tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 of Pillsbury roll out pie crusts.
It's got flaky pie crust and a buttery creamy chicken pot pie filling with chicken breast, a mix of fresh and I initially wanted to make an easy chicken pot pie. So, I started out using refrigerated pie dough, all frozen vegetables, and all dried herbs. Chicken pot pie savory pie filled with cooked chicken, onion, carrot, and peas in a creamy sauce. Check out our new cookbook Insanely Easy Chicken Dinners.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cook and brown chicken breasts.
- In separate pan combine olive oil and veggies, cook until soft.
- Combine chicken and vegetables over heat, sprinkle flour over mixture and let cook for a 2-5 minutes.
- Pour half and half over mixture and cook until it comes to a simmer, stirring frequently..
- Roll pie crust over pie pan, keep the second pie crust aside..
- Fill pie with veggies and chicken mixture then roll second crust over the top and press the edges of both the crusts together.
- Bake in oven for 35 minutes, or until golden brown..
- Let sit for for 10 minutes, serve and enjoy!.
Easy Chicken Pot Pie is always a family favorite, and it is SO incredibly easy. Sometimes I even cheat a little to make it easier when I know that I will have very little time to prepare a good dinner. On those nights, I use precooked, diced chicken, so I don't even have to cut the chicken breasts into pieces. This classic Chicken Pot Pie is filled with tender pieces of chicken, carrot, celery, potato, and herbs. It's so easy, and the chicken is always tender.