Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped). Even first-time cookie makers can pull off super moist, tender, chewy macaroons. Using sweetened condensed milk streamlines the operation and produces a very nice texture. Stir to combine and then dip the cooled cookies in the melted chocolate mixture and let cool.
Ingredients of Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped)
- Prepare 3 each of 7 ounce bags flaked & sweetened coconut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of all purpose flour, start with only half of this (more or less as needed).
- You need 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (14 ounces).
- You need 2 large of eggs.
- Prepare 3 1/2 tbsp of margerine.
- Prepare 2 tsp of real vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 packages of semisweet chocolate chips (milk chocolate if u like them sweeter, the macaroons aren't very sweet).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of cooking wax for thinning & making the chocolate shiny.
Warm from the oven the contrast of a. These coconut macaroons are light, chewy, and dipped in chocolate. They're always a crowd favorite and incredibly easy to make! When I first made coconut macaroons nearly eight years ago, I was very new to cookies that were not of the standard chocolate chip, peanut butter, oatmeal-raisin.
Coconut Macaroon Cookies (Chocolate Dipped) instructions
- Preheat oven to 300° F. If u have a big oven you should use the middle rack to bake these. If you have a small oven you should use the top rack of your oven….
- Melt margarine in microwave, set aside to cool a bit… In a large mixing bowl mix all the coconut with half of the flour (you'll probably need more later but not at this point) Set this aside….
- In another bowl whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract, eggs & melted but cooled a bit margarine until well incorporated….
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture (coconut & half the flour) Use a good stiff spoon such as a metal or wooden one to mix all together until well incorporated….
- After mixing together at this point your mix needs to be tested… Take a tbs of mix and put it on a saucer… If the mix stays in a pile without spreading then it should be fine, if not you will now have to start adding in the other half of the flour & mixing in after each tbs until you have the right consistency… Keep testing it after adding flour by adding by tbs onto a saucer & make sure to add it back to the other mix each time….
- Now you can drop by tbs onto a cookie sheet & bake until the tops are just starting to get golden in color & the bottoms should be light golden brown… When done pull out of the oven & let sit 4-5 minutes… After sitting carefully remove with a spatula & put on a plate or platter to finish cooling… Put another batch in the oven & repeat until all mix is used up….
- At this point you can dust them with powdered sugar & eat them if you'd like… Otherwise put about 1/2 of your bag of chocolate chips in a bowl with your wax then into the microwave on low setting until melted… (I use a paring knife to shave the wax so that it melts better) After the chocolate is melted dip each macaroon into the chocolate & shake off excess… Put back onto plate or platter & into the freezer or fridge so the chocolate sets….
- Now you can eat them, share them or store them in airtight containers! I hope you all enjoy them! They are delicious & addicting!!.
I have always loved coconut macaroons and dipping them in chocolate makes them so much better. Dip bottoms of cookie and put on parchment sheet to dry. When cool, dip the bottom of each macaroon in the chocolate and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Modern day coconut macaroons are soft coconut cookies, sometimes made with almond paste or even potato starch. Let cool completely before removing from the tray.