Simple Kabocha Cookies for Halloween.
Ingredients of Simple Kabocha Cookies for Halloween
- You need 40 grams of Kabocha squash (net weight).
- It’s 20 grams of Sugar.
- Prepare 20 grams of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 50 grams of Cake flour.
Simple Kabocha Cookies for Halloween instructions
- Microwave kabocha and remove the skin. If you have approximately 40 g, that's generally fine. Don't throw away the skin, since you'll be using a bit of it later on..
- Preheat your oven to 340°F/170°C. Add sugar and vegetable oil to the bowl with the kabocha and mix. You don't have to mix it that thoroughly..
- Add the flour and keep on mixing..
- Once it looks like this, you've finished your dough..
- The pumpkin shape. Shape into an oval ball..
- Press them down a little..
- Here we'll use the kabocha skins. Cut them into triangles and stick them in the heads. If you can't quite stick them in, it's okay to place them under the dough..
- Make a smile for the face. I recommend using chopsticks for the eyes and a spoon for the mouth..
- Once you've made your shapes bake in the oven at 340°F/170°C for 15 minutes..
- And they're done!.
- I made pumpkins and smiley faces. For the pumpkins I just use a spoon, no faces. I really like the lines..
- This cookie is more soft than crunchy. It's not that sweet, so add more sugar if desired..
- I also tried making these using sweet potato. These were also delicious..
- You can make these with any leftover boiled kabocha as well. Put boiled kabocha leftovers to good use..