Lime Chicken Quesadillas.
Ingredients of Lime Chicken Quesadillas
- You need 1 1/2 lb of boneless, skinless chicken.
- It’s 1/2 cup of key lime juice.
- You need 6 of large white flour tortillas.
- Prepare 1 tsp of butter (optional).
- You need 8 oz of mild shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coarse salt.
Lime Chicken Quesadillas step by step
- In a suitable storage container(I prefer glass) place chicken and 1/4-3/8 cup key lime juice and approx. 1/2 tbsp. salt. Refrigerate overnight..
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Melt butter in skillet over low heat. Add remaining salt and distribute evenly in pan. Add chicken and discard liquid from storage container..
- Increase heat to high and char outside of chicken. Actually burn it a little. Add remaining lime juice a bit at a time. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until chicken is cooked throughout(Maybe 20 minutes?).
- Remove chicken from heat and cool completely. Once cooled pull chicken or cut into 1/4 inch cubes..
- Get separate larger skillet and place tortilla in this. Add small amount of chicken(if you add too much your tortilla will fall apart). Add cheese to taste(I like a lot; this melts so that's okay). Heat over low heat until tortilla starts to feel firm. Fold over and continue cooking until both sides have crisped(I like mine slightly burnt) and cheese is melted. Enjoy!.