Kabocha Squash Halloween Cookies.
Ingredients of Kabocha Squash Halloween Cookies
- It’s 150 grams of Kabocha squash.
- You need 200 grams of White flour.
- You need 80 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 100 grams of Butter (unsalted).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 of Chocolate.
Kabocha Squash Halloween Cookies instructions
- Remove the skin and seeds from the kabocha, slice into 3 cm cubes, microwave until tender, then mash..
- In a bowl, whip the butter (brought to room temperature) until it reaches a cream-like consistency. Mix in the sugar one half at a time..
- Mix in the egg yolk, then combine with the kabocha..
- Add the flour and baking powder (sifted together) and briskly fold in with a rubber spatula until the dry ingredients are well-incorporated..
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours (See the Helpful Hints)..
- Roll out the dough to about a 5 mm thickness, then cut out the cookies..
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown at 340°F/170°C..
- When the cookies cool down, use a chocolate decorating pen to make the faces, then serve..