Lemon chicken (chinese style). A step-by-step picture recipe for Chinese style lemon chicken. Lemon chicken is quite a common dish in Chinese restaurants in India and it's always been one of my favorites. Although, I have seen the dish featured here in some Chinese places, it's not as common and popular as its sister dish, Orange.
Ingredients of Lemon chicken (chinese style)
- Prepare of MARINATE.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s of BATTER.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of water..
- Prepare 1 pinch of of salt.
- It’s 1 pinch of of pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of corn flour.
- Prepare of SAUCE.
- You need 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sugar.
- It’s 3/4 cup of chicken broth.
- You need 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 3 slice of lemon.
- Prepare 1 of yellow food coloring (optional).
- Prepare of MAIN INGREDIENT.
- It’s 2 of skinless, boneless chicken breast (cut into cubes).
Chinese lemon chicken recipe features Chinese fried chicken coated in a sweet and tangy lemon sauce. It's one of my most popular Chinese chicken dishes along with Sweet and Sour Chicken, Orange Chicken and Bourbon Chicken. Lemon chicken is the name of several dishes found in cuisines around the world which include chicken and lemon. In Canadian Chinese cuisine it usually consists of pieces of chicken meat that are sautéed or deep-fried and coated with a thick, sweet lemon-flavored sauce.
Lemon chicken (chinese style) step by step
- Marinate chicken with soy sauce and salt for 30mins..
- Mix all the ingredients for batter. If too runny, add some more corn flour. Mix it so that it will coat the chicken nicely.
- Coat the chicken into the batter and fry it until golden brown. Don't overcook. Strain the oil, put it on top of kitchen paper. Wipe it if you hate oily food..
- For the sauce (you can make the sauce 1st while waiting for the chicken) : Melt butter under low heat. Pour chicken broth in..
- When boiling, add lemon juice and sugar..
- Dissolve corn flour with some water, pour inside sauce. Stir until it thicken. Add lemon slices and yellow food coloring (optional). Remove pan from heat..
- Serve with rice and stir fry veggies..
This Chinese lemon chicken is crispy battered chicken breast pieces smothered in a sweet and tangy lemon sauce. The first step to making Chinese lemon chicken is to batter and fry your chicken pieces. I use chunks of boneless skinless chicken breasts, but chicken thighs will also work just fine. Why order take out when you can make your own Chinese lemon chicken at home? There are a few different versions of lemon chicken out there, all coming from different countries.