Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake. Chocolate chips and chopped pecans are added to the pumpkin batter for extra sweetness and a bit of welcome crunch. Reviews for: Photos of Pumpkin-Chocolate Layer Cake. Pumpkin-Chocolate Layer Cake. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines.
Ingredients of Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake
- You need of THE CAKE.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1 cup of unseetenedcocoa powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- You need 4 tsp of ground coffee instant granules.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/4 cup of sour cream.
- It’s 1 of 15 ounce can pumpkin puree, pure unflavored.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 10 oz of unsalted butter, at room temperature. ( 2 1/4 sticks ).
- You need 1 1/2 cup of Light brown sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 5 of large eggs.
- You need of CREAM CHEESE BUTTERCREAM PUMPKIN SPICEFROSTING.
- Prepare 4 oz of saltedbutter, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 of 8 ounce packages of cream cheese, at room temperature.
- You need 2 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of drops of orange food color.
- It’s of CHOCOLATE GANACHE GLAZE4.
- Prepare 4 oz of semi sweet chocolate, chopped or chips.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- You need of GARNISH.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of orange and black sprinkles.
Fold in chocolate chips and nuts. This is the BEST Chocolate Pumpkin Cake you will ever have. My secret tips will make your baking experience a huge success! This cake is packed with rich decadent flavor and a super fun presentation!
Chocolate Pumpkin Layer Cake instructions
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray 3 8- imch cake pans well with bakers spray.
- In a bowl whisk together, flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt cinnamon and coffee granules, set aside.
- In another bowl whisk togeth r r the buttermilk, sour cream, pumpkin puree and vanilla, set aside.
- In a large bowl beat butter and b both sugars until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating in after each egg then alternate adding flour mixture with buttermilk / pumpkin mixture in three additions mixing well but not overmixing.
- Dividebatter evenly between prepared pans, smoothing tops.Cook for 30 to 35 minutes until toothpick comes out just clean, cool in pans on rack 10 minutes then run a knife around edges and remove from pans to cool completely.
- Beat together in a large bow, cream cheese and butter until smooth.
- Beat in confectioner's sugar, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and vanilla until light andcreamy, add drops of orange food color to make it as orange as you want.
- FROST CAKE, place one cooled cake layer on serving plate, bottom up and add some frosting.
- Add second layer, bottom up and frost.
- Add third layer, also bottom up and frost entire cake. Refigerate cake at least 1 hour before glazing.
- MAKE GLAZE. Heat cream until hot but not boiling , pour over chopped chocolate in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- . Let glaze sit until it thickens to a spoon able glaze, about 35 minutes. Spoon over cake allowing chocolate to slide down sides of cake. Garnish with sprinkles while the chocolate is wet so they will stick. Refigerate to set chocolate at least an hour before cutting cake.
The magical combination of pumpkin and chocolate is intensified with the smooth. This tall pumpkin layer cake is filled with a delicious brown butter-cream cheese frosting, and is finished with my favorite super easy chocolate-sour cream frosting on the outside. It's moist and spicy, with lots of different flavors and textures. Totally worth turning on the oven in this heat! Layers of chocolate chip chip pumpkin cake get layered on top of each other and filled with a ganache, a cream cheese frosting and then decorated on top with truffles and edible gold beads (which you can find at your local craft store) OR you can get creative with the topping and add some fresh.