Chinese Orange Chicken.
Ingredients of Chinese Orange Chicken
- It’s 350 g of Chicken Meat (skinless, boneless, cut into pieces).
- It’s of Marinade;.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Pepper (White/Black).
- It’s 1 cup of All Purpose Flour (for coating).
- You need 1 cup of Cooking Oil (for shallow frying).
- You need of Sauce Mixture (Mix well in a bowl);.
- You need 1/3 cup of Orange Juice (box).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water or 1/2 cup Fresh Orange Juice.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Vinegar.
- You need 1-2 Tbsp of Sugar.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Light Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Orange Zest (optional).
- It’s 1/2 cup of Water.
- Prepare of Thickener (mix well in a bowl);.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of Corn Flour.
- It’s 1/4 cup of Water.
- Prepare of For Stir Frying;.
- You need 20 g of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger (finely chopped).
- You need 20 g of Spring Onions (neatly chopped).
- You need 20 g of Red Chilli (neatly chopped, optional).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
Chinese Orange Chicken instructions
- CHICKEN; Marinade the chicken in salt and pepper. Then coat the chicken in all-purpose flour. Heat 1 cup of cooking oil until hot and fry the chicken until it is golden brown. Remove and set aside..
- SAUCE; Heat 2 Tbsp of cooking oil until hot and fry the ginger and garlic until fragrant (10 sec). Then add the spring onions and chilli and fry those for 10 seconds. Next add the sauce mixture and mix well. Cook for a minute and then add the thickener. Continue to cook until liquid is reduce by 1/3 or by half..
- ASSEMBLY; Add the chicken to the sauce and mix well. Serve on plate, garnish with spring onions and orange slices..