Chinese fried chicken. We made this fried chicken recipe the Chinese way, with Asian ingredients and cooked like many Chinese fried dishes. The result is a crispy and flavorful. This is a great recipe for fried chicken to use in orange or lemon chicken.
Ingredients of Chinese fried chicken
- You need 3 of chicken thighs or 4 drumsticks (remove the bones in advance).
- It’s 1 tsp of Light soy sauce.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/3 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 of mashed garlic cloves.
- It’s 160 ml of All purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 4 tbsp of Potato starch.
- You need 1/3 tsp of five spices power.
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
This ensures that the chicken is cooked through but still moist and juicy. Is Chinese Style Fried Chicken a well kept secret? What's in a secret that has to be hidden? I believe that there is no knowledge under the sun that's secretive.
Chinese fried chicken step by step
- Cut the chicken in to one-bite size. Marinate the chicken with 1 tsp Light soy sauce, 1/2 tsp white pepper, 1/3 tsp of salt, 2 mashed garlic cloves for 15 minutes..
- Heat the oil, while preparing the frying paste. Mix 80ml all purpose flour, 1/5 tsp of salt, 1/4 tsp five spices power, 1/4 tsp of baking power, 50ml water. Mix the marinated chicken with frying pasta..
- Prepare the frying power, mix 4 tbsp potato starch and 4 tbsp of all purpose flour, dip the pieces of chicken in the paste first and then take the chicken piece by piece, cover them with frying power. Attention: be sure to cover the chicken with a firm frying powder, it can prevent the the chicken juice coming out. If you like the American fried chicken crust, you can also rub the outside of chicken, then later you will get a crispy American style crust..
- Fry the chicken for the first time until the outside shape has formed, be careful not to fry them too much like golden brown..
- Heat the oil again until reach higher temperature, fry the chicken for the second time. The second frying should be less than 1 minute if your oil is perfectly hot enough. Take the fried chicken out when they are golden brown..
- Mix 1/3 tsp of five spices power, 1 tsp of white pepper, 1/4 of salt. Sprinkle the mixed seasoning power on the hot fried chicken, and there you go.
Taiwanese fried chicken, westernized as popcorn chicken is a dish in Taiwanese cuisine commonly found as street snack and is indispensable to the night markets in Taiwan. This homemade version of the take-out classic is made with just seven ingredients and all in one pan. Chinese name: 脆炸鸡腿 (cuì zhá jī tuǐ) Characteristics: The outer skin of the Fried Chicken Legs is Chicken legs are with thick meat that contains much protein, vitamin A and iron. Rice with spicy kung pao chicken. Chinese orange chicken with fried rice.