Cauliflower Gratin. Prep Ina Garten's recipe for Cauliflower Gratin from Barefoot Contessa on Food Network ahead as a creamy, cheesy vegetable side for a no-stress dinner party. Reviews for: Photos of Cauliflower Au Gratin. How to transform the simplest of vegetables into a creamy cheesy rock star side dish?
Ingredients of Cauliflower Gratin
- You need 2 each of Yellow onions.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Butter.
- Prepare 1 of Olive Oil.
- Prepare 1 head of Cauliflower.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of Milk.
- It’s 90 grams of Goat cheddar.
- It’s 1 of Salt and Pepper.
Cauliflower isn't the be-all and end-all magic swap for anything carbilicious and good in your life, but Cauliflower Gratin is an actual. Cauliflower gratin, rich and cheesy and comforting, is the perfect keto and low carb alternative to starchy potato gratin. Of all the many ways to prepare cauliflower, this creamy gratin is definitely. Cauliflower Au Gratin – Gluten Free.
Cauliflower Gratin instructions
- Slice up the onion(1/4" slices) and toss it in a steel sautée pan with some butter on medium low heat. Come back to stir occasionally. If you hear sizzling, stir and reduce the heat slightly. Cook em down to a sweet brown mush and set aside..
- Preheat oven to 450°F..
- Pare cauliflower to small florets, reserving the core. Place florets on a baking tray with a little olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and roast for about 15 minutes until cauliflower is beginning to crisp and turn golden brown..
- As the florets roast, peel and slice the core, then toss it in a pot with the milk. Simmer until cauliflower core is tender..
- Slice or grate the cheese. Pour the milk and cauliflower mixture into a blender. Purée, adding the cheese slowly. Season with salt and pepper and continue blending to achieve a smooth consistency..
- Spread the caramelized onions in the bottom of a baking dish. Scatter the cauliflower on top. Pour your cheese sauce evenly over the top to cover the cauliflower..
- Bake, uncovered, until golden brown..
I'm always looking for hearty side dishes to serve around the Cauliflower Gratin Recipe. I love how easy it is to make this side dish. This easy, low-carb Cauliflower Au Gratin is a deceptively impressive, healthy, and easy cauliflower au gratin that is high in protein, gluten-free, and clean. Enjoy it as a filling side or a meal by itself! Home » Side Dishes » Cauliflower Gratin with Garlic and Sage.