Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken). Spread out the chicken and butterfly open the thick sections. Youlinji is one of my favorite Chinese dishes. By using chicken breast and a lot of vegetables, you can make a satisfying dish.
Ingredients of Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken)
- It’s 3 pieces of Chicken thighs.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Chopped spring onion.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Sake (cooking rice wine).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sugar.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 pinch of Pepper.
- Prepare 5 tbsp of Potato starch.
- Prepare of <Sauce>.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- It’s 3 tbsp of Water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mirin.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Sugar.
Yóulínjī, Chinese style deep fried chicken with sweet vinegar sauce by J. Sweet and Sour Chicken on Rice. I love this Chinese, though somewhat Americanized, dish when it's done right. The Saint Paul Farmers' Market had a great selection of onions and bell peppers this past month.
Youlinji (Chinese deep fried chicken) step by step
- Cut the chicken thighs into large bite size..
- Mix the 1tbsp Sake, 1 tsp Suger, 1/4tsp Salt and 1pinch pepper. Marinate the chickens and leave for 10 to 15 minutes..
- Remove the excess moisture from the chickens. Wrap the chicken with paper towels and damp dry..
- Just before frying, coat the chickens with potato starch and dust off the excess powder..
- Heat the frying oil to between 170 to 180 degrees, then put the chickens in, turn them over, cook through, and fry till golden brown..
- While frying chickens, make a Youlinji sauce. Mix the Sauce ingredients to a heat resistant bowl. Use microwave at middle heat(600W) for 1 minuet. Add the chopped spring onion..
- Place the chickens into the youlinji sauce off while the chickens still hot. Let it mix well..
Deep-frying too many pieces of food at the same time lowers the temperature of the oil and consequently leads to greasy food. By deep-frying, you can enjoy Chinese versions of crunchy chicken, pork, rolls, seafood, and wontons. Chinese Style Deep Fried Chicken WingsEgg Wan's Food Odyssey.. Deep fried, Scallion, Young chicken, Gourmet, Chinese cuisine, Crispy fried chicken, Style, Topped, Boiled, Crispy skin, Cantonese, Yu lin chi, Sichuan dish, Wedding, Youlinji, Chinese dish, Soy sauce, Succulent, Juicy, Boiling, Fried chicken, Skin, Chicken, Chinese, White background. A permanent item on the table when the flavor is Chinese!