Cheesy Shepherds Pie. Shepherd's pie is also commonly called "cottage pie," but there actually is a key difference between Warm, savory and oh-so-comforting, this cheesy beef shepherd's pie is everything you love about a. American favorite shepherd's pie recipe, casserole with ground beef, vegetables such as carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Be the first to review this recipe.
Ingredients of Cheesy Shepherds Pie
- You need 2 1/2 of to 3 lbs ground beef.
- Prepare 5 of large potatoes, diced.
- You need 1 cup of diced green peppers.
- Prepare 1 cup of diced onion.
- It’s 1 of bag steam fresh peas & carrots.
- You need 2 of cups diced carrots.
- It’s 3 of cups shredded cheese (your choice).
- It’s 1/2 cup of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of garlic powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of butter.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ranch dressing powder.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of sour cream.
Expect the best shepherd's pie, casserole with ground beef, chopped carrots, corn, and peas, topped with mashed potatoes. Now, I actually used ground venison when I made this cheesy easy shepard's pie recipe for dinner for the family the other night. This will be saved to your scrapbook. Shepherd's pie is a classic comfort food recipe that's healthy, hearty and filling.
Cheesy Shepherds Pie instructions
- Cook ground beef with onions, peppers, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil & garlic powder in a large skillet..
- Boil potatoes until tender..
- Microwave diced carrots until very soft..
- Add bag of steam fresh peas & carrots to beef in skillet. Cook until tender..
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Drain grease from ground beef. Return to skillet and stir in half of shredded cheese. Add to large glass baking dish. Spread evenly..
- Drain potatoes. Add cooked carrots, butter, ranch powder, milk, shredded cheese and sour cream. Blend with a mixer until smooth..
- Add to glass baking dish on top of ground beef. Spread evenly. Sprinkle more shredded cheese on top..
- Bake 30 minutes. Broil for 1 minute until cheese bubbles and top browns a little..
The bottom layer is a simple a mix of ground lamb and vegetables, simmered into a delicious savory sauce. Shepherd's Pie for the vegetarians and the carnivores. Both are topped with cheesy mashed potatoes then sprinkled with more cheese and breadcrumbs, then baked so the potatoes form a nice. Keto Shepherd's Pie Recipe with Cheesy Cauliflower Topping. A delicious all-in-one Keto Shepherds Pie, inspired by the cooler weather.