Chinese Chicken Congee for Breakfast.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken Congee for Breakfast
- You need 1 of Chicken breast.
- You need 1 tea spoon of Salt (for chicken).
- You need 2 slices of Ginger.
- It’s 2 table spoon of Sesame oil.
- You need 1 cup of Rice (I used Japanese rice).
- Prepare 8 cups of Hot water.
- You need To taste of Salt and pepper.
- You need of Leek or any other vegetable for topping.
- It’s 1 of Ready made deep fried tofu (if it's available).
- It’s 2 table spoon of Soy sauce (for deep fried tofu).
Chinese Chicken Congee for Breakfast step by step
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of salt on both sides of the chicken..
- Heat sesame oil in a pan and stir fry thin-sliced ginger. When it becomes fragrant, add 1 cup of rice and coat the surface of rice..
- Once the rice becomes transparent, add hot water(be careful!)..
- Add chicken and bring to a boil. Once it becomes boiling, turn to the small heat and cover with a lid. Heat for 40 minutes. Serve hot and enjoy!.