Aunt Jerry's Popcorn Balls.
Ingredients of Aunt Jerry's Popcorn Balls
- It’s of 1 large bowl of popped popcorn.
- You need 1 stick of butter.
- Prepare 1 cup of sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white karo syrup.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1 of water or candy thermometer for testing soft ball stage.
Aunt Jerry's Popcorn Balls step by step
- Boil butter, sugar, and syrup to "soft ball" stage (when you drop 💧 a bit into cold water and it forms a soft ball rather than dissolving).
- Remove from heat and cool 1 minute. Add vanilla, then poor over popcorn..
- Butter hands before making into balls. (Otherwise it will stick) Set each ball on wax paper to cool..