Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts.
Ingredients of Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts
- You need 350 g of Chicken.
- It’s of Marinade;.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 20 g of Ginger (chopped roughly).
- Prepare of For Braising;.
- Prepare 20 g of Ginger (chopped roughly).
- You need 20 g of Garlic (chopped roughly).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 3 Tbsp of Soy Sauce.
- You need 100 g of Shitake Mushrooms (halved).
- Prepare 100 g of Roasted and Peeled Chestnuts.
- Prepare 1 cup of Chicken Stock.
- Prepare 1 stalk of Spring Onions (chopped roughly).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Palm Sugar (or Honey/White Sugar).
- Prepare of Garnish;.
- Prepare 1 stalk of Spring Onion (finely chopped).
Chinese Chicken Stew With Chestnuts instructions
- Marinade the chicken in soy sauce, Ginger and oil for 30 minutes minimum..
- When ready, heat 3 Tbsp of oil until hot and fry the ginger and spring onions until fragrant. Then add the chicken and cook until brown all over..
- Then add the chicken stock, chestnuts, mushrooms, palm sugar and mix well. Cook them on medium to low heat and cover with a lid for 15 to 20 minutes. Check and stir the stew every 5 or 10 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, remove the lid and cover time to cook until the sauce has reduce to half it's original volume. Check the doneness of the chicken and the taste of the stew..
- Serve in a soup plate and garnish with spring onions..
- NOTE; if you are using dried chestnuts, you'll need to soak them overnight and then cook them the next day..
- Steam it for 20 to 30 minutes. Some people put sugar at the 20 minute mark; I don't think it's necessary but you can do it too..