Pasta Carbonara. Pasta carbonara is one of those simple dinners we should all know how to make. Your pasta water should taste like the ocean. One of the biggest mistakes people make when To make an authentic carbonara sauce, you need eggs and Parmesan.
Ingredients of Pasta Carbonara
- You need 200 g of pasta of your choice (spaghetti/fettuccine/penne).
- Prepare 50 g of smoked beef/bacon ham (thickly sliced).
- You need 1 of medium size onion (sliced).
- You need 1 cup of sliced mushrooms of your choice (shimeji/champignon).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh milk.
- It’s 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese.
- It’s 1 tbs of butter.
- It’s 1 tbs of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tbs of all purpose flour.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of beef stock (store-bought).
- It’s 1/2-1 cup of pasta water.
- You need of Fresh parsley (chopped).
Pasta Carbonara recipe is a simple Italian pasta recipe with egg, hard cheese, pancetta and pepper. Spaghetti Pasta Carbonara—indulgent and delicious, yet so easy! Learn how to make carbonara sauce with bacon or pancetta and loads of parmesan. The Italian pasta dish carbonara traditionally includes eggs, bacon and cheese, but is easy to modify with Here, a few variations including a bucatini carbonara dish, a bacon and fresh pea spaghetti.
Pasta Carbonara step by step
- Boil the pasta as instructed in the package. Usually around 10 minutes. Save the pasta water..
- Melt butter in a skillet. Stir-fry the onions until fragrant, then add bacon ham/smoked beef slices. Follow with the mushrooms, salt-pepper and beef stock. Cook them for 2 minutes..
- Pour in half of the pasta water and bring to a boil. Lower down the heat to low. Add the milk and cheese. Adjust the sauce thickness to your liking with all purpose flour..
- Lastly, toss the pasta in the sauce. Mix them well..
- Turn off the heat, then transfer the pasta to a plate. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley and enjoy!.
Humble ingredients—eggs, noodles, cheese, and pork—combine to create glossy, glorious pasta carbonara. It's the no-food-in-the-house dinner of our dreams.