Ladybirds Toffees , Plain , Decorated , Halloween Style , Hard or Stick Jaw.
Ingredients of Ladybirds Toffees , Plain , Decorated , Halloween Style , Hard or Stick Jaw
- Prepare 2 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tsp of vinegar , preferably white vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of lollies of your choice.
Ladybirds Toffees , Plain , Decorated , Halloween Style , Hard or Stick Jaw step by step
- Place cup cake papers into a muffin tray and set aside until needed ..
- In a small heavy based saucepan , place the sugar , water and vinegar , and do not stir , just leave , then place the pot onto the stove on high heat and bring to the boil , without stirring at all the whole time ..
- Once starts to boil , leave boil for about 15-20 minutes , depending on the firmness you desire , for stick jaw it's about 15 minutes , for hard normal toffee cook for 20 minutes and will turn a slight golden colour when it's ready ..
- To test if toffee is ready to your liking , have a glass of cold water ready , if you want stick Jaw , after the 15 minutes , drip a droplet into the water and it will set as soon as it hits the water but once you remove the droplet from the water it is still stretchy (chewy) . For hard toffee , then after the 20 minutes , drip a droplet into the glass of cold water and if it sets as soon as it hits the water and when it's removed it cracks when hit on a hard surface (crunchy) ..
- Once the toffee is done to your liking , remove the pan from the heat and leave till the bubbles subside ..
- Once the bubbles have subsided , carefully pour the prepared hot toffee mixture , evenly , into the prepared cup cake papers in the tray until all is used and if you like you can add a drop of food colouring now and give it a little stir through , it will fizz but that normal , then leave to cool for a minute ..
- Once cooled for a minute , you can decorate them if you desire , with either lollies or sprinkles , then place the toffee filled tray into the fridge to cool completely and set through ..
- Once cooled though , serve cold or room temp and enjoy . Keep the kids amused lol enjoy . 🙂 ..